Wednesday, 11 March 2020
SMC orders closure of educational institutions,clubs in Srinagar
The SMC has given approval to the following measures and steps to be officiated within Srinagar City limits:
1. Closure of all educational institutions and coaching centers.
2. Closure of all gymnasiums, indoor and outdoor stadia.
3. Closure of all clubs, sports centers.
4. Procurement of 1,000 full quarantine body-kits and spraying machines.
5. Deployment of 200 teams of 5 each for special sterilization with NaCLO, Bleach at vulnerable hubs.
6. All public/private hospitals to go into heightened sanitation/sterilization mode.
7. Daily sterilization rosters at hospitals, airport, railway station and places of worship.
8. Cancellation of all sports events within SMC limits with immediate effect.
9. Phased segregation of flea markets including Sunday Market.
10. Cancellation of operational licenses for all private institutions found in violation of these directives.
11. Regular sterilization spraying of public modes of transport.
12. Heightened public awareness campaign on radio, tv and mural plus print.
13. A specially constituted team of officials being flown out to procure masks, other emergency supplies.
14. Public advisories to be issued on a regular basis.
15. SMC Central Office to remain closed to visitors and public till further orders.
16. Advisory issued asking public to desist shopping - especially eatables and garments - from roadside vendors.